ASBESTOS AWARENESS IN SOILS
Asbestos containing material can lie hidden in soil and once disturbed could present a health risk to workers. ABP Associates Ltd now delivers a specific asbestos awareness course for both professionals and operatives.
Our asbestos awareness in soils course is designed to highlight the potential hazard of hidden asbestos so that an understanding of what should be done and how to manage it is gained.
Who should attend?
This course is for those who may come into contact with asbestos in soils/constructions and demolition materials during their work including:
Demolition and construction workers
Waste processing and recycling plant operatives
Land remediation contractors
Ground investigation workers
Construction plant operators
- Properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- Types uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and ACMs that may be encountered in soil and construction & demolition materials
- Employers’ duties to employees to make sure that the risk of exposure to employees is negligible.
- Avoiding risks from discovering asbestos in soils
- Procedures to be followed deal with an emergency
- Overview of Site investigations
- General overview of current guidance and best practice
Course Duration: half-day (3 hours tuition)
Course Dates: To take a look at Course Dates and to Book, click here.
If you are interested in attending this course or require further information please contact ABP Associates Ltd on 02380 528571 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Group booking rates are available.
Training can be given at either your venue or at our training centre in Southampton.