DUTY TO MANAGE ASBESTOS
This bespoke one-day course has been designed for managers, supervisors and duty holders and provides information and guidance on the duty to manage asbestos in non-domestic premises (Regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012). The Duty to Manage course has been developed to extend the asbestos awareness of attendees. More emphasis is placed on the requirements of the duty holder and those responsible for the day to day management of asbestos.
Delegates will receive information and instruction on aspects such as the development and monitoring of an Asbestos Management Plan, the implementation of safe working procedures including for emergencies, and how to assess the condition of asbestos-containing materials and implementing management actions.
The course includes the following elements:
- Properties of asbestos
- Types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and ACMs in buildings
- Health issues in relation to asbestos exposure
- Regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 – The Duty to Manage
- The duty holder and their responsibilities
- Development and monitoring of an Asbestos Management Plan
- Implementation of safe working procedures
- Assessing the condition of ACMs and prioritising actions
- Implementation of management actions
- Selection and monitoring of contractors
The content of this course can be tailored to customer’s specific requirements.
Course Dates: To take a look at Course Dates and to Book, click here.
Course Duration: 1 day
This course is offered on the basis of an in-house course delivered at your premises. Discounts may be negotiated for group bookings. Please contact us for further information.
Alternatively, courses are occasionally held at our training centre in Southampton on the dates below.
The Management of Asbestos in Non-Domestic Premises