This module aims to enhance the delegate’s knowledge of occupational hygiene practice in relation to fibrous dusts. The module concentrates on asbestos but includes other fibres, e.g. MMMF, ARAMIDS etc.
| On successful completion of this module the student should be able to:
• describe the composition, nature and properties of asbestos, machine-made mineral and other fibres and their historical uses;
• describe the health effects of asbestos and other fibrous materials and apply appropriate exposure limits;
• describe the uses of asbestos in buildings and the public health risk that these may pose;
• understand the principles of and requirements for asbestos surveys including taking samples and identifying bulk asbestos types by microscopic techniques including relevant safety requirements;
• be thoroughly familiar with current good practice in the construction and use of enclosures for asbestos remediation and the use of decontamination units;
• understand all the principles of clearance testing, the requirements for measurement and appropriate techniques for post remediation evaluation;
• conduct air sampling to determine airborne concentrations of asbestos or other fibres in accordance with defined procedures including microscopic counting techniques;
• have the ability to advise on all the various techniques for the management of asbestos in buildings in accordance with good practice.
Course Dates: To take a look at Course Dates and to Book, click here.
Course Tutors: Richard Pomeroy ; Sara Mason
5-day course including examination.
ABP ASSOCIATES ARE COVID-19 SECURE